We've raised more than ever before
Southmead Hospital Charity is delighted to announce that our donors and fundraisers have helped us raise £3.4 million last year - more than ever before.
It means we can focus on transforming healthcare to make NHS services better for everyone today and in the future by funding innovative, nurturing and supportive projects at North Bristol NHS Trust.
During 2018/19 we raised more than £3.4 milion in donations from individuals, community fundriasing, corporate support, trusts and foundations and from legacies.
We gave more than £2.4 million to North Bristol NHS Trust and of that:
- £1.07m was spent on projects that support patients and staff like the Fresh Arts programme and the staff Wellbeing programme.
- £138,000 to fund viatl research projects
- £1.7m to fund new medical equipment
Some highlights of the 2018/19 projects we funded include:
- A flat providing accomodation for parents of premature and sick babies being treated at Southmead Hospital's NICU
- Neurology software which brings greated accuracy and precision during complex brain surgery
- The Purple Butterfly scheme which delivers a personalised and compassionate approach to end of life care to bring greater privacy, dignity and comfort
We also concluded our Prostate Cancer Care Appeal by purchasing tweo state of the art surgical robots for the urology department at Southmead Hosptial.
The two robots are already saving lives, treating prostate cancer as well as expanding the robotic surgery to treat other urological and gyneacological cancers.
Read our full Impact Report.
Share this page: