Christmas Cracker 2015 winners
Southmead Hospital Charity launches Christmas Appeal with £50,000 of festive funding
The first Christmas Cracker winner is announced today in a countdown of festive funding from Southmead Hospital Charity.
Hospital departments and community services at North Bristol NHS Trust are being awarded a share of £50,000 of funding as Southmead Hospital Charity launch its Christmas Appeal.
Southmead Hospital Charity, in partnership with Southmead Hospital League of Friends, is giving £50,000 to departments, wards and services across the Trust to spend on equipment.
Between December 1 and 24 the Christmas Crackers awards scheme will announce gifts of up to £1,000 or £3,000 on each weekday with a bumper gift of up to £10,000 handed out on December 24.
Staff were asked to put forward applications for the prize fund for the purchase of medical equipment that will support and improve the experience of patients.
A judging panel made up of clinical and non-clinical staff from across the Trust considered the 119 applications and have allotted prize money to 18 projects.
Winners will be announced here each day (see picture gallery below) and on the Southmead Hospital Charity Facebook page.
Southmead Hospital Charity has also launched its Christmas Appeal to help patients staying in hospital during the festive period.
The charity is holding a series of fundraising events to support the Christmas Appeal, raising money for patients and staff.
Events throughout December include:
- A special Christmas Grotto display in the atrium of the Brunel Building provided by John Lewis.
- A Christmas tree where you can dedicate a decoration to a loved one, as a thank you or in memory.
- A festive live music programme featuring choirs, pianists, a brass band, musical ensembles and The Salvation Army.
- Special charity ice skating session on December 3 at The Mall Cribbs Causeway featuring Anna and Elsa from Frozen.
- Festive cake sales throughout November and December.
Money raised from the events will provide books for babies born at Southmead Hospital on Christmas day, a gift for patients staying in hospital over Christmas and a thank you breakfast event for staff. Find out more and donate here.
Share this page: