Our Christmas Appeal launch
Southmead Hospital Charity has today (December 1) launched its Christmas Appeal to help patients staying in hospital during the festive period.
The charity is holding a series of fundraising events to support the Christmas Appeal, raising money for patients and staff.
Events throughout December include:
- A special Christmas Grotto display in the atrium of the Brunel Building provided by John Lewis.
- A Christmas tree where you can dedicate a decoration to a loved one, as a thank you or in memory.
- A festive live music programme featuring choirs, pianists, a brass band, musical ensembles and The Salvation Army.
- Special charity ice skating session on December 3 at The Mall Cribbs Causeway featuring Anna and Elsa from Frozen.
- Festive cake sales throughout November and December.
Money raised from the events will provide books for babies born at Southmead Hospital on Christmas day, a gift for patients staying in hospital over Christmas and a thank you breakfast event for staff.
Adrian Brown, community appeals manager for Southmead Hospital Charity, said: “Christmas is a special time of year but we should remember that many people cannot be with their families this Christmas because they are in hospital.
“We wanted to add some sparkle to Southmead Hospital this Christmas for those patients who may be facing a difficult time – a small gift can make a difference.
“Many patients and their families also want to use Christmas as a time to say thank you to staff at our hospitals so the Christmas Appeal.
“Please come along to see our fantastic Christmas Grotto display, enjoy some live music, dedicate a decoration, buy a cake or even get ice skating – there is so much you can do to add some sparkle to Southmead this Christmas.”
Find out more about the Southmead Hospital Christmas Appeal and how you can get involved by visiting www.southmeadhospitalcharity.org.uk/Christmas
Share this page: