Donate your old pound coins to the Prostate Pound Drop
Southmead Hospital Charity is asking people to donate their old £1 coins to their pound coin amnesty for the Prostate Cancer Care Appeal.
The Prostate Pound Drop is a chance for people to get rid of their old £1 coins and do something super for Southmead Hospital by donating them to the Prostate Cancer Care Appeal.
Consumers have until October 15 to spend, bank or donate the old round £1 coins which have been replaced by a new 12-sided version.
From October 15 shops can refuse to take the old version of the pound coin. However, most banks and Post Office counters will continue to accept them from customers.
Adrian Brown, Community Appeals Manager, said: "We are urging people to donate their old pound coins to the Prostate Cancer Care Appeal as we think it’s a fantastic opportunity to support a great cause and get rid of your old pound coins at the same time!
“We know that every little helps, and your £1 coins can really make a difference to men with prostate cancer.
“And we wouldn’t just like you to donate your old pound coins of course – we’d also love to have donations of your new pound coins too!”
You can donate your pound coins to the Prostate Pound Drop via:
- the big collection point in the atrium of the Brunel Building, Southmead Hospital
- collection tins in the Vu Staff restaurant at Southmead Hosptial
- collection tin on the front reception desk in the Brunel Building
- collection tins in Boots on Southmead Road
- collection tins in the Crafty Cow pub on Gloucester Road
- bringing your pound coins to the charity team by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Prostate Cancer Care Appeal aims to raise £2million to purchase two surgical robots for the hospital to meet growing demand, fund new diagnostic and treatment options and to support the training of the next generation of robotic surgeons - improving outcomes for men with prostate cancer.
Share this page: